Law Friends Society
TO SERVE HUMANITY WITH INTEGRITY
MULTI FAITH – MULTI RACE – MULTI DISCIPLINE – EQUALITARIAN
AND NOW TEN YEARS OLD !
Solicitors Steve Kennedy and Max Campbell started the Criminal Law Friends Society at the Blind Beggar Pub over five text messages and a pint of Peroni in Whitechapel when they were hard at it, at the coal face East End criminal defence lawyers ten years ago. The ethos was, and still is, to bring people together.
The working title has changed sporadically from The Philosophy Club, and The Parochial Trust to the Community Centre and then, after an argument, to The Criminal Law Friendly Society at this stage always a social club and a popular one at that
After numerous nights unifying bedraggled legal aid lawyers across the metropolis the journey from The Beggar to our first CPD conference began. Curry nights, karaoke nights and even a night on HMS President (see archive) were a whisker away from our first CPD conference and soon, a five city UK tour training 2000 criminal lawyers on the way.
The recent progression was to invite our sisters and brothers from the different disciplines into our tribal network and with the assistance of prominent human rights lawyers across the jurisdiction the Law Friends dream of spreading the love across the nation became reality. We started to unite the immigration lawyers, then the family lawyers, and now the housing lawyers and so on…. we are made of the same blood and bone, and so our current title is quite simply Law Friends Society, or more informally, Law Friends.
Our new slogan is “To serve Humanity – With Integrity “
The intention behind the departure into our current national program was always to keep it tribal, to listen to each other, not quarrel, no hierarchies, no committees, no gold chains, no trophies, no glory hunters, just good solid people and good solid law with the underdog vulnerable clients best aims always firmly at the forefront of their caseload. With this we seek to empower, to improve, and to build legal practice to impeccable standards.
Our tribe is now uniting all the tribes under its CHIEFS program covering all areas of social welfare and humanitarian human rights law with our vision of state-of-the-art video training, slick conferences and awesome parties all now part of the very true reality of the Law Friends network.
SOCIAL HOUSING –
What are the five key points on Law Friends?
- High calibre Solicitor and Barrister CPD professional training conferences and video seminar training
- We empower our members by training, and socialising together, across the boundaries which need to separate us no further.
- We provide excellent networking parties in peachy locations, informal get togethers too. We are a support network for each other and our organisations.
- We regularly give substantial donations to quasi legal and homeless organisations as demonstrated in our archive pages and so far, have donated thousands of pounds to good causes.
- Our organisation is an accolade to the legal friendships we have made along the way during our relentless committed work for those less advantaged than ourselves
We are called the Law Friends Society and we would like you to be a part of our national network and share in our commitment to providing an ethical platform for those who defend and provide advocacy in social welfare law.
A sincere thank you to everyone who has helped us along the way
Thank you for supporting us