Tickets for this 7HR SRA accredited “hi spec” CPD training day were priced at just £50 and the event attracted 600 solicitors and barristers at London’s newest and most impressive conference facility “The Light” at Friends House.
We were delighted to be able to offer 50 free tickets to trainee solicitors and pupil barristers from criminal firms and chambers across the UK to attend our London Heavyweight Autumn Crime Conference. Also, this conference donated £1000 to St Mungo’s street living homeless outreach team bringing our total donation this year to £2250, a figure which with your help, is set to grow
“The Light” Conference Centre. Friends House. Euston
Paul Harris (ex president of the London Criminal Courts Association) addressed the conference from the essential triumphant new perspective created by the LCCSA and the CLSA winning the Judicial Review against the Lord Chancellor Chris Grayling on cutting the number of firms providing criminal legal aid from 1600 to 525.
This immensely popular conference “wowed the crowd” with a formula one style line up
In collaboration with Garden Court Chambers
Sponsored by Forensic Equity
24th October 2014 9am – 5pm
7hr CPD criminal law update conference for Solicitors, Barristers and support staff.
After the roaring success of our Springtime West End conferences with Garden Court Chambers (see reviews below) we delivered this pearl headliner for our Autumn series of CPD lectures for Solicitors, Barristers and their support staff in London on 24.10.14
We invited our Rolls Royce experts in crime, Forensic Equity, as guest lecturers on forensic evidence, discussing how different types of evidential analysis could adversely impact your client’s right to a fair trial.
The course was structured and delivered by experienced criminal defence Solicitors and Barristers providing a credible overview on advocacy, tactics, strategies and case law updates. This course was aimed at criminal defence Solicitors, Barristers, crime teams and their support staff. The course was positioned in the calendar at an optimum time for all practitioners’ SRA and BSB compliance annual CPD requirements
The course content included the following sessions
- Police Powers & Youth Litigation Owen Greenhall, Joanne Cecil
- Sentencing UpdateCatherine Oborne, Vikki Kerly, Bernard Tetlow QC
- Immigration OffencesAlex Rose, Paramjit Ahluwalia, Dexter Dias QC (crimes against women)
- DisclosureKeir Monteith, Anthony Harrison
- ConfiscationTom Wainwright, Terry McGuiness, Kieran Vaughn QC
- Forensic Evidence. Fact or Opinion?Simon Franc, Philip Boyce, Anne Franc. (Senior forensic scientists from Forensic Equity)
- AppealsSam Parham & Emma Fenn
- Judicial Review Win against MOJ.Unity and the future.Paul Harris ex president LCCSA will explain the triumphant win stopping the closure of 1100 firms.Unite and show support!
- Closing Address