24th October 2014
“The Light” Conference Centre. Friends House. Euston
7HR SRA accredited “hi spec” CPD training day £50
This event attracted 600 solicitors and barristers to London’s newest and most impressive conference facility “The Light” at Friends House. We were delighted to be able to offer 50 free tickets to trainee solicitors and pupil barristers from criminal firms and chambers across the UK to attend our London Heavyweight Autumn Crime Conference. This conference also donated £1000 to St Mungo’s street living homeless outreach team .
This immensely popular conference “wowed the crowd” with a formula one style line up. The course was structured and delivered by experienced criminal defence Solicitors and Barristers providing a credible overview on advocacy, tactics, strategies and case law updates. This course was aimed at criminal defence Solicitors, Barristers, crime teams and their support staff. The course was positioned in the calendar at an optimum time for all practitioners’ SRA and BSB compliance annual CPD requirements
The course content included the following sessions
- Police Powers & Youth Litigation Owen Greenhall, Joanne Cecil
- Sentencing UpdateCatherine Oborne, Vikki Kerly, Bernard Tetlow QC
- Immigration OffencesAlex Rose, Paramjit Ahluwalia, Dexter Dias QC (crimes against women)
- DisclosureKeir Monteith, Anthony Harrison
- ConfiscationTom Wainwright, Terry McGuiness, Kieran Vaughn QC
- Forensic Evidence. Fact or Opinion?Simon Franc, Philip Boyce, Anne Franc. (Senior forensic scientists from Forensic Equity)
- AppealsSam Parham & Emma Fenn
- Judicial Review Win against MOJ.Unity and the future.Paul Harris ex president LCCSA will explain the triumphant win stopping the closure of 1100 firms.Unite and show support!
- Closing Address