Greg Foxsmith HCA, ex-president of the LCCSA and Rudi Fortson QC of 25 Bedford Row crime team were our main speakers at this very well attended event that once again attracted 500 solicitors at a Central London conference centre .
7CPD hours and 7 CCC hours
HIGH SPEC – HIGH CALIBRE – UNBEATABLE VALUE – DYNAMIC-BRILLIANT – MODERN – FACE TO FACE – CUTTING EDGE – UNCENSORED
Rudi Fortson QC of 25 Bedford Row addressed the conference on the essential “must know” new laws on Joint Enterprise flowing from the case of Jogee with a further paper on the critical brand new drug laws in the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016. Both sessions offered a full open floor question and answer exchange.
Duncan Jones 25BR spoke on Better Case Management and new electronic formats and procedures for pre-trial and pre hearing matters with an insight into the digital changes ahead.
Simon Pentol tackled Financial Crime. All these speakers were from defence specialists 25 Bedford Row whom we welcomed to share our stage for the first time along with those detailed below
Forensic Equity, our kind sponsors, provided their ever engaging senior scientists team to present on Pathology CCTV with Forensics in Road Traffic Investigations to challenge the prosecution case.
Greg Foxsmith LCCSA President of the London Criminal Courts Association appeared uncensored, live and uncut on “The Triumphant Win! This accolade to all who fought in the struggle detailed the two tier contract victory and what’s next regarding the future of our industry. UNITE!!
- Welcome– Steve Kennedy. Duty Solicitor. CLFS
- Introduction– 25 Bedford Row
- Financial Crime– Simon Pentol (25 Bedford Row)
- Joint Enterprise plus Q&A– Rudi Fortson QC (25 Bedford Row)
- PSA 2016 plus Q&A – Rudi Fortson QC (25 Bedford Row)
- Forensics– “Two Sides to Every Coin. How to turn it over when the prosecution think they have won the call”. Pathology, Biology, Chemistry, Road Traffic+Ballistics. Senior Scientists from Forensic Equity- Robert Elliott, Dr David Rouse
- Better Case Management and the Digital Case System– Duncan Jones (25 Bedford Row)
- Abuse of Process– Colin Wells (25 Bedford Row)
- Unity “The Win”– Greg Foxsmith Live and uncut. President of the LCCSA on the triumphant win against the MOJ two tiered contract system and what’s next? Congratulations to everyone who helped this to happen
- Organised and delivered by the best solicitors and barristers in the business
- Coded personalised attendance certificates for new SRA CPD compliance
- Rapid transport links across London and the UK
- Premium calibre content and delivery
- Advance PDF of course notes with printed course pack on arrival
- Fast check in. Early get out. Comfortable all day seating
- Air con and full audio visual support team
- tea, coffee, biscuits, WIFI
“This is by far the best criminal lecture I have attended”, Mike Gibbons Litigaid Law
“Exceptional value”, N Mehta.Partner. Mckenzie and Co
“Excellent Conference”, Michael Turner QC. Garden Court
“Fabulous lectures”, Fay Goodship Wells Burcombe
“Incredibly imaginative and one of best CPD conferences I have attended”, Rachel Ottley. HCA. Taylor Street
Our spring conferences gave free tickets to 30 trainees and donated £1250 to our friends at the street living homeless charity, St Mungos, £250 to the Legal Action Group and £100 to the Access to Justice Proof Magazine who we continue to support