FRIDAY 12 MAY 2017
Friends House Conference Centre Manchester
Garden Court North Chambers are second to none when it comes to ethics and commitment and it was a real pleasure to present a series of conferences with them across the North of England on our UK tour with Mark George QC , Nina Grahame QC and the rest of the crime team giving full support.
Also Forensic Equity gave an excellent series of talks on criminal case forensics and our favourite charity , The Howard League , presented on Sentencing.
- 109 Delegates in 2016 gave our conferences a feedback score of 100%
- 426 Delegates in 2016 gave our conferences a feedback score above 80%
- Welcome – Steve Kennedy Duty Solicitor, CLFS
- A Practical Sentencing Tool Kit – Dr Laura Janes, Howard League for Penal Reform
- Legal Aid – Siobhan Taylor Ward, Young Legal Aid Lawyer
- People Trafficking Laws – Richard Brigden, Barrister, Garden Court North
- Sexual Offences Update (Post Ched Evans) – Matthew Stanbury, Barrister, Garden Court North
- Investigatory Powers Act 2016: Rudd’s Radar – Andrew Fitzpatrick, Barrister, Garden Court North
- Forensics in cases of Serious Crime – From the scene, to subsequent evidence recovery, to the location of the defendant at the material time – Senior Scientists from Forensic Equity, Sara Short, Philip Boyce and Nicola Haigh
- Legislation Update – Nicky Hall, HCA, Clifford Johnston Solicitors
- Unity Within the Profession – Guest Speakers, TBC