2 Harcourt Buildings
This seminar will cover
Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
• The context within which money laundering legislation now operates
• The offences and understanding the legislation
• Specific defences and issues to be aware of when determining strategies in these cases
• Sentencing provisions and recent authorities.
Part 7 – Section 327
• Concealing/disguising/converting/transferring/removing criminal property
Part 7 – Section 328
• Arrangement to facilitate the acquisition, use, or control of criminal property on behalf of another person
Part 7 – Section 329
• Acquisition, use and possession of criminal property
The third of the three principal offences, this is really a possession offence targeting custodians/recipients of criminal property.
R-v-Anwoir  4 All ER 582. Criminal conduct.
The speaker’s notes are available in our past papers section of the Law Friends members area
You can contact Fred Hookway via his clerks on this e mail